Placed at: Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Education: Bachelor of Engineering (Urban & Regional Planning), School of Planning and Architecture, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
Prior work experience:
- : Chetan Yarlagadda has worked for six years and has been associated in various capacities with the government and corporate sector as well non-government organizations. He has worked on urban planning and development and also issues of livelihood and rural employment
Key work during fellowship
- Poor monitoring & evaluation of Visakhapatnam district Integrated Action Plan (IAP) works.
What was done:
- Monitored district-wise Integrated Action Plan (IAP) monthly progress reports by designing a format using the Management Information Systems (MIS) and added a real-time tracking of all the running and completed works projects along with photographs.
- Assessed the completed IAP works in terms of form (type, current status of work, appearance & current condition) and its function (general proportions, usage of the work by people, proximity of villages, work priority according to local people).
- Monitored 2011-12 & 2012-13 IAP plans consisting of concrete proposals for public infrastructure and services such as school buildings, anganwadi centers, drinking water supply, village roads, electric lights in public places such as PHCs and schools etc.
- Evaluated the information about backward and forward linkages of coffee marketing adopted by the Chintapalli area coffee growing farmers and studied if any interventions needed in the linkages to increase the farmers income through effective marketing.
- Worked with Girijan Co-operative Corporation (GCC) in procuring coffee produce from the ITDA Paderu region in the year 2012 & 2013. 6. Contributed in statewide Rajiv Yuva Kiranalu, NREGS, Balabadi & Indebtedness studies and surveys of poorest of the poor (PoP) in Chintapalli cluster of ITDA, Paderu.
- By using Management Information Systems (MIS) in the District Integrated Action Plan (IAP) works, monthly progress of all the running projects have been monitored effectively by the District Collector & ITDA Project Officer. Real-time tracking of projects along with photographs helped the district administration to weed out corruption in the system and ensured that all the projects are completed in time with emphasis on good quality of construction works.