Placed at: Jamui, Bihar
Education: Master in Sociology, M.phil in Law and Governance, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Prior work experience: No prior work experience
One Key work during fellowship
- Poor quality of education, insufficient infrastructure, unsafe environment and negligence in Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV)
What was done:
- Baseline study was done and KGBV Jamui was chosen as model. The girls were divided into a group of 10 with rotational leaders and ICT tools tablet based learning was introduced and delivered through community girl volunteers.
- Initiated recruitment of KGBV staff vacancy which was pending for a period of 6 years.
- Replicable and operational model for quality education and skill delivery in KGBV leading to improved learning levels and soft skill capabilities of the girl students.
- Prompt and accessible redressal system established through regular visits by community volunteers and group leaders among the girls.
- 72 KGBV staffs recruited in coordination with education department.