Placed at: Gariyaband, Chhattisgarh
Education: B.Tech in Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, IIT Madras; Young India Fellow 2013.
Prior work experience:
- 2013-2014 Consultant at Rural Innovations and Farming Wing at Ashoka- Innovators for the Public, Bangalore, India
- 2012-13 Research at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Contemporary Studies, New Delhi, India
- 2011-12 Teaching volunteer at Make a Difference
- 2008, 2009 Industrial internships: Quality Management & Assurance, Bengaluru, Volvo India; Corrosion & Inspection, Dahej, Reliance India.
Key work during fellowship
- Gram Panchayat Kulhadighat has been chosen under SAGY which is a PVTG (Kamar) dominated village, difficult terrain, naxal affected, located in the buffer zone of Udanti Tiger Reserve, poorly connected with the mainland
What was done:
- An all inclusive Village Development Plan was made for each of the 8 villages in the Gram Panchayat. Planning, execution and supervision of the Village Development Plan
- 26% of the proposed works have been completed with 70% of the works in progress.
- There is a tremendous change people’s behaviour with respect to acceptance for modern medicine, education, governance and livelihood activities.