Placed at: Aurangabad, Bihar
Education:Tech (Information Technology), Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology, Bihar
Prior work experience:
- Shashi Karn Prasad has worked with LIC as a Direct Sales Executive. As an IT assistant with the Bihar Prashasnik Sudhar Mission, he also provided computer training to block level officers. He has also trained to be a software developer.
One key work during fellowship
- Initial interactions with youth made me realize that a majority of them find it difficult to secure jobs
- On the other hand funds earmarked for skill development i.e. 10 percent of ACA (IAP) was being returned back unspent.
What was done:
- A plan was devised to implement Place Linked Skill Development Training with focus on following three areas:-
- Mobilization Of Youth
- Effective Monitoring
- The project was successfully implemented and more than 1000 youths have been trained and placed in sectors of their choice with a better pay package.
- District Planning office receive 2nd prize for effective utilization of fund.