Placed at: Bastar, Chhattisgarh
Prior work experience:
One key work during fellowship
- Many government schemes promote rural livelihoods, but poor targeting, missing cultural context and poor understanding on what forms sustainanble livelihoods in the tribal belt causes wastage.
What was done:
- MGNREGA participatory plan was prepared in 265 Panchayats.
Livelihoods mapping done for the most vulnerable households identified during social mapping in each Gram Panchayat.
- Convergence with 18 departments and schemes including Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries, Horticulture, Forest, Sericulture and NRLM micro credit plans to enhance the livelihoods of those identified.
- Poultry, goatery and fisheries sub plans to introduce well trained animal friends in every panchayats.
- Benefitting 9000+ most vulnerable households and generating 35 lakh mandays. Identified as best practice by MGNREGA state cell.