Placed at: Koderma, Jharkhand
Education:B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Visweswariah Technological University, Karnataka
Prior work experience:
- 6 months teaching experience in BCA degree college.
One key work during fellowship
- There are multiple schemes and projects which are being implemented at the panchayat level. Inspite of this, there are no visible outcomes due to minimal community participation, lack of awareness, inefficient planning and little focus on convergence. This was true even in the case of Chopnadih panchayat which is adopted by Honourable MP under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
What was done:
- Community mobilisation and awareness generation among the people. A Janta darbar was organised to get an understanding on the problems faced by the people of the panchayat.
- A baseline survey was done as per the scheme guidelines.
- Various departments at the district level were briefed on the need to focus on convergence.
- A “VIKAS MELA” was organised in the panchayat for registration of Aadhar, pension beneficiaries, Jan Dhan Yojana, Suraksha Bima yojana, Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, Aam Aadmi bima yojana, skill training etc.
- A special health camp was organised for child immunisation and to create awareness on institutional deliveries etc.
- A village development plan was prepared by making use of PRA tools and techniques with active community participation.
- Through various awareness drives and campaigns people now understand the meaning of being Adarsh panchayat. It is not just physical change but also the personal behavioural changes which they have to incorporate for becoming aadarsh panchayat.