Placed at: Latehar, Jharkhand
Education: BA (Honours) Economics, St. Xavier’s College Ranchi, Post Graduation Diploma in Rural Development, Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
Prior work experience:
- Shailja has three years work experience in rural development. She has been involved in project planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of ongoing flagship schemes, data analysis and organizing training and capacity building for SHGs. She also initiated a residential education project for children from primitive tribe groups, organized a Gram Shree Mela with the collaboration with CAPART and TATA Steel, Jamshedpur and initiated a residential skill development training programme for unemployed youths of East Singhgbhum.
One key work during fellowship
- High unemployment faced by the rural youths; tends to divert them to Naxalism .
What was done:
- First time in the history of Latehar I initiated skill development training programme for ST /SC youths with unutilized fund of IAP .
Inception of the project survey of 12 panchayat, data analysis, proposal drafting, liaison with line departments, budgeting ,conducting meeting, publication of advertisements, screening and selection of candidate.
It was successful and students were placed in reputed companies .
- 100% fund utilized under IAP for employability training programmes
- 95% student successfully completed residential training programme and successfully placed
- Reduce the percentage of the migration
- Reduced the percentage of the drop-out
- Increased the percentage employment
- increased the percentage of the rurak skilled youths