Placed at: Ramgarh, Jharkhand
Education: B.Sc. and MBA, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya Indore
Prior work experience:
- Vaibhav has worked for Two years in event management. As a project
manager, his job involved coordination and travelling, which
exposed him to a range of cultures, societies and systems.
One key work during fellowship
- Unawareness among stakeholders about flagship schemes/ programs is the basic reason behind less success of these schemes/ programmes at grass root level.
- Engaging the poor and marginalized community people in decision making is the critical issue for inclusive development.
What was done:
- We organized training / workshops at district, block,panchayat as well as village level to make stakeholders/people aware about the Different schemes/ Programmes. Regular Visiting Programme for all district officials and awareness camp at block level (Janta Darbar) . For Nrega once we organized Football tournament cum Rojgar mela for Nrega Workers. Kam Mango Abhiyan Camp at Panchayat level. Pension Camp/ Social Audit Training/ BASIC Training for SHGs (NRLM/Book keeping etc.)/ Sensitization workshops for PRI members.
- Demand for Nrega works, Pension Schemes, Indira awaas increased. Increased number Of Grievances for different schemes / programmes is the key achievement of our initiative. People from marginal community came forward for their rights and entitlements. Increased no. of women participation in Gram sabha’s is an important key achievement of our work.