Placed at: Vivek Pratap Singh Chauhan
Education: BE in Computer Science Engineering, University Institute of Technology, Barkatullah University, Bhopal; PGDFM, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal
Prior work experience:
- Worked for one year with M.P.State Minor Forest Produce (T & D)Co-op. Fed .Ltd. as Manager (Infrastructure, Policy and Planning)
One key work during fellowship
- Livelihood opportunities were not available with the displaced population in Singrauli. This caused distress migration and incidences of coal theft from mines.
What was done:
- Planning and executing various livelihood and skill development initiatives with financial support of the CSR wings of NCL, NTPC and other industries in the district, converging these funds with government grants and funds with ACA, BRGF, ITDP etc. for a streamlined execution of the initiatives. The initiatives included the Small holders Poultry production (with help from Madhya Pradesh Women Poultry Producers Company Pvt. LTD. a subsidiary of PRADAN)
Urjanchal Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving school (with TATA motors and PRATHAM)
Security Guard Training with SIS and many more.
- Average monthly income of 5000 with more than 300 poultry producers.
- Placement of 900 candidates in transport companies with avg 6000 per month salary as assistant driver others were assisted to secure loan under Mukhya Mantri Udyami Yojna (District Industries Corporation) to buy their own Taxi.
- 1000 (100%) selected by SIS from security guard training programme with monthly salary of 10,000 and so on.