Placed at: Sonitpur, Assam
- PGDM – Rural Management from Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi.
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engg. from North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar.
Prior work experience: None.
One key work during fellowship
- A study revealed ineffective reporting mechanism, tardy grievances redressal and an almost non-existent monitoring system in elementary education in the district.
What was done:
- Consultations with students, teachers, parents, and officials.
- Step-by-step plan to improve all the three factors identified.
- Activating the processes at the school level followed by cluster level then at the block level and finally culminating at the district level.
- Continuous feedback from stakeholders and corrections at the appropriate level
- Reporting by CRCCs has become regular and grievances attended to.
- Strong monitoring has made teacher absenteeism rare.
- Quality of MDM has vastly improved resulting in increased attendance in a few clusters.
- Incidences of corporal punishment has gone down tremendously.