Placed at: Dhimaji, Assam
Education: B. Tech from College of Engineering, Chengannur (CUSAT)
Prior work experience:
- Cognizant Technology Solutions (Software Testing for American Express)
One key work during fellowship
- District is severely flood prone and as such development is uneven across the 5 development blocks. Nascency of Panchayati raj institutions and lack of community ownership in the development of their own villages.
What was done:
- A village from every development block is being transformed into a model village with focus on 5 key areas – education, health, sanitation, electrification and physical connectivity.
- Created a platform for interaction of the village residents with district administration and departments for grievance raising and redressal.
- Community Mobilization through PRI members and cutting edge staff.
- Formation of model village sub-committees at every revenue village for exhaustive PRA.
- Creation of VDP and mapping of departmental schemes with items in VDP.
- Every development block has been covered.
- Community ownership for the scheme with increased participation from women due to formation of village level sub-committees.
- No external funds have been drawn. The existing schemes of central and state government have been channelized and convergence has been achieved at several stages for implementation of VDP.