Placed at: West Khasi Hills, Meghalaya
Education: BSc. Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Kerala Agricultural University
Prior work experience: No work experience.
One key work during fellowship
- Farmers though possess indigenous knowledge of crop production; they lack in scientific skills and knowledge on backward as well as forward linkages in the market.
- Lack of awareness of available government schemes, programmes and their entitlements.
What was done:
- Documentation of good practices.
- Bridging the gap between the farmers and the technical experts; providing training.
- Fist phase Bio-fuel plantation in an extent of 50 Hectares, expanding it to 200 Hectares in 2016-17
- Assisting the District Administration in developing Model Villages
- One farmer and two Cooperative Societies achieved Good Practices Award in the district level; One farmer achieved Good Practices Award in the State level.
- Convergence of different line department was made possible in the Bio-fuel Plantation Project
- The spirit and the importance of cooperation is instilled among the farmers.
- Solid Liquid Resource Management in two places has taken its roots.