Placed at: Mayurbhanj, Odisha
Education: MASTER IN COMPUTER APPLICATION
Prior work experience:
- Before joining as a PMRDF, I was working with IBM India Pvt. Ltd. as a Sr. Software Engineer and prior to that worked in ICICI Bank as Deputy Branch Manager(Branch Operation and Trade Finance) for two Years And as a Software Engineer in Softmate Solutiions Pvt. Ltd. for two years.
One key work during fellowship
- The initiative “SAMANNAYA” inspired with the confidence that the district administration can protect the rights of the vulnerable children who are facing innumerable challenges in their day to day life and bring them to the normal flow of the society by providing the basic needs of food, shelter, education and health.The intention is to secure every neglected child with its inherent right to be a child and enjoy a healthy and happy childhood, to address the root causes that negate the healthy growth and development of children.
What was done:
- A detailed survey conducted across the district to identify such children and accordingly a database prepared. Then Capacity building of the counselors done for analyzing the socio-economic-cultural status of the children. Counselling camps are organised at block level.The various departments like SSA, District Employment mission, , DWO , ICDS and ICPS and other NGOs worked convergently to provide an umbrella of facilities to the needy and guide them to come out from the preview of the poverty.
- Total 3409 no. of vulnerable children are identified .out of which:-
508 Children are selected for residential education and placed in the development schools in co-ordination with District welfare office and Sarva Sikshya Abhiyan.
- 82 Children are now undergoing in the process of vocational training in coordination
with Dist. Employment Officer for MSME training in ITI Centres.
- 141 Children are recommended for Chief Minister Relief Fund (Rs. 20,000/-) and funds are already placed from Govt.
- 71 Children got approval for Antordaya Card.
- 125 Guardians are nominated for Pension benefit for family strengthening for
better care of their children.
- 762 Guardians are provided with job cards for working under MGNREGA.
- 1692 children are selected for inclusion in housing schemes like IAY/MO Kudia.