Placed at: Ganjam, Odisha
Education: BE (Honours) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, K.K. Birla Goa Campus
Prior work experience:
- Sales Engineer – Rockwell Automation (8 months)- looked after the sales in Bhutan and the states of Meghalaya and Tripura..
One key work during fellowship
- The poor state of government services at the Ankuli panchayat, a remote tribal pocket in the district, due to lack of basic infrastructure for schools, Anganwadi centres, Sub-centres, and even the panchayat bhawan.
What was done:
- GPS survey of all the hamlets in the panchayat for planning of works.
- Enlisted the names of all the youth in the panchayat.
- Convened meetings in the village with the participation of the PRI members, and government officials .
- Submitted a proposal to use Pre-fabricated material to construct schools, Anganwadi centres and sub centre under IAP.
- Proposal accepted under IAP and funds to the tune of 1 Crore Rupees allotted to implement the project on an experimental basis.