Placed at: Karim Nagar, Telangana
Education: B. Tech in Electronics and Communication, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Hyderabad and MA in Social Entrepreneurship, Tata Institute of Social Sciences,Mumbai
Prior work experience:
- Narendra Garidi has worked in a variety of sectors including social enterprise development, software development and the education sector. He has been involved in assignments involving social marketing, social impact assessment and social network analysis. His work experience spans more than two years.
One key work during fellowship
- Tusar Silk Weaving Society’ was on the verge of closure owing to lack of capital and poor market linkages.
What was done:
- Did a value chain analysis and then established a ‘Tusar Cocoon Bank’ which provides Cocoons as loan without any collateral and weavers will payback after selling their products.
- Facilitated in linking them with various institutions to improve their skills, promotion and marketing of products.
- The income of the weavers has doubled in one year
- The membership of the society has increased two fold.